How Employers Can Avoid Forced Unionization Through the New NLRB Card-Check Case
On August 25, 2023, the NLRB issued an extremely important ruling basically forcing a union on employers who have committed any unfair labor practices. An employer’s only defense is that it did not commit any unfair labor practices, and/or the union could not prove it had signed authorization cards from a majority of eligible voters. This ruling will send “shock waves” through the employer community. This webinar will address what employers can do under these circumstances.
The topics covered will include:
- What does the ruling require employers to do?
- What employers should do when faced with union organizing efforts in their facility or community?
- What special strategy is available to lessen the chances of “forced” unionization?
- What the new ruling has to do with handbook revision.
- What employers need to be doing now.